Under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav 90 days campaign by the Ministry of Rural Development has given targets to the selected districts as a part of the AKAM initiative.
Sri KVN Chakradhar Babu IAS, District Collector & District Magistrate has Inaugurated Agriprenuer Course 'Pashu Mitra' in Rural Self employment Training Institute (MoRD), Venkatachalam, SPS Nellore District AP.
SPS Nellore district is the first district to launch the program with a full capacity of 35 enrolled candidates. The course covers all most all concepts of Animal Husbandry which are sufficient to make the trainees self-employed and self-reliant. The course is conducted by veterinary doctors for 60 days under the directions of the Joint Director of Animal Husbandry Dept.
District Collector has advised the RSETI Institute and the organizers to make the course effective and more practical with frequent field visits and provide interactions with successful entrepreneurs in the district and Dairy and Breeding farms at Kondapur. District Collector has appreciated the Trainees for selecting this program and advised the trainees to involve in the program and to become successful entrepreneurs in society, particularly in Rural Areas.
Project Director DRDA also emphasizes on creation of self-employment in the district and requested the participants to participate actively in the program to progress further to establish the units to improve the lively hoods
Bankers also came forward to fund the trainees to establish the units to increase their income.
Objectives of The RSETI Course
- Rural BPL youth will be identified and trained for self-employment.
- The training offered will be demand-driven.
- The area in which training will be provided to the trainee will be decided after an assessment of the candidate’s aptitude.
- Hand-holding support will be provided for assured credit linkage with banks.
- Escort services will be provided for at least two years soon to ensure the sustainability of micro-enterprise trainees.
- The trainees will be provided intensive short-term residential self-employment training programs with free food and accommodation.
The following officials participated in the above program along with course participants
- Director, Rural Self Employment Training Institute
- Lead District Chief Manager
- DDM NABARD
- Project Director, DRDA
- Regional Manager, Union Bank of India
- Joint Director, Animal Husbandry